NOTICE: Effective August 29, 2014, the goHastings Readmor app will no longer be supported. Any book that was previously loaded into the app can still be accessed. However, new eBook purchases made on goHastings.com will need to be downloaded to a different app. Our eBooks can be downloaded to any Adobe supported eBook reader app such as Bluefire.
Reading eBooks on your Mobile Device
In order to read goHastings.com eBooks on your mobile device you will need the following:
- A modern phone/tablet
- Android 2.2 (Code Name Froyo) or higher
- iOS 4 or higher
- An Adobe supported eBook reader app, such as BlueFire reader
- Open browser and navigate to www.goHastings.com.
- Click Shop Media and click eBooks .
- Browse eBooks.
- Choose your first purchase.
- You can select either the EPub or PDF format. Your reader will accept either; this is your personal preference. Now click Add to Cart.
- ClickSign In and Check Out on the bottom of your cart.
- Create a goHastings account to use for all eBook purchases. You will only need to create an account one time. This information will be saved for your future use.
- If you do not already have a goHastings account, click Sign Up Here on the sign in screen and register.
- Complete your purchase by entering and saving (if you choose) your credit card information.
- Once purchased, you will receive a screen that asks you to Download Your eBook.
- NOTE: Be sure you have installed an Adobe supported eBook reader app prior to continuing.
- Click Download Now and select the app that you will be using to read your eBook.
- At this point, you will need to navigate to Adobe.com and sign in using your goHastings.com user name and password. You may be prompted to change your password or even create a new account. Sign in to Adobe.com here.
Authorizing Your Device
If you are using the app for the first time, you will be required to authorize your device. You must sign in using your Adobe user name and password that was updated in the previous step.
Current Readmor Users
Any book that was previously loaded into the app can still be accessed. In order to download new eBooks from goHastings.com, you will be required to download any Adobe supported eBook reader app such as Bluefire. To authorize the new app, you will need to go to Adobe.com and sign in using your goHastings.com user name and password. You may be prompted to change your password or even create a new account.
Reading Books on your PC or Mac
Minimum PC Requirements
In order to read our ebooks on your computer you will need the following:
- Adobe Digital Editions
- goHastings.com Account
Adobe Digital Editions
To read our ebooks on your PC or Mac you must install the Adobe Digital Editions reader and create an Adobe ID.
In order to download Adobe Digital Editions follow the instructions provided at http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/#fp
Frequently Asked Questions about Adobe Digital Editions reader http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/faq/.
For support and troubleshooting visit http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/
EPUB & PDF: What's the difference?
What is EPUB?
An EPUB is short for "electronic publication format". It is a computer program that formats a document to make it easier for computers and small-screen devices to display readable text – it makes the text adapt to every screen size. It can do this because it is similar to a web page; and an ebook reader is similar to a web browser. EPUB is the default format for re-flowable documents. The EPUB format is quickly replacing PDF as the standard for eBooks. PDF will remain the standard for document sharing for MS Word and Excel documents, for example. EPUB is becoming the publishing industry standard because it was designed to make a book's content "reflowable" irrespective of the size of the screen of the ebook reader, portable/mobile device, or computer screen. The most important point is that EPUB is becoming the standard "open format" for the publishing industry and quickly becoming the standard for most reading devices.
What is PDF?
PDF is short for "portable document format". It is a computer program that formats a document to make it easier for computers to share the documents while still retaining the original formatting (fonts, text, images, etc.) – almost like a photocopy of the original document. PDF is the default format for static documents. The PDF document is indifferent to the device that it is displayed on or the operating system (Apple/Microsoft) that is used. It is the standard way for people (businesses, colleagues, clients, students, etc.) to share electronic documents – and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Until recently, exporting a publication to PDF was the traditional way to create ebooks. The problem with eBooks created with PDF is that they can be difficult to read on a small screen, such as on a cell phone, because the text and images don't flow gracefully enough to be read on a small screen.